Tuesday, June 22, 2010

From the beginning

With the start of our new family, I think that this blog will be a great way to connect all of our family to our happenings. I figured I'd start from the beginning for my own sake, so that I have an archive of the major milestones. We found out that I was growing something inside of me April 1st. We had planned a trip to Hawaii from April 16th to the 27th but wanted to tell our families the good news in person, so we decided we would tell them when we got back. It was the hardest secret I've ever had to keep. When we returned from Hawaii, we showed our families a slide show that also included this surprise:

lastly copy

Although the fetus is indistinguishable, they got the picture. Some of the reactions included:

• my mom doing jumping jacks in place with some shrill screaming
• kirk's mom screaming/squealing with surprise
• crying (mostly from me), hugs, laughing, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Free Blog Counter