Monday, June 28, 2010

My-doula oblangata...


Marlene Rudginsky, Water Spider Designs

Kirk and I have been back and forth over the last couple of months trying to figure out the whole doctor/hospital birth. We are enrolled in a Hypnobabies class (our first class is Weds. and we're not too sure what to expect) and want to try our hardest (my hardest) for a natural birth. In the Hypnobabies course they recommend having a doula to help coach and assist you through your birth. I was telling my cousin Nicole about the doula and all she could think about was a scene from Waterboy when he talks about his medulla oblongata, ; ).

We interviewed a few different people and we found the person that we think will be most compatible with the birth plan we have and our personalities. Her name is Alexis and I don't know if it's creepy but you can see her picture on the Cache Valley Doula's site. We're really excited about having her coach us through the birth and a big + she works at our favorite local bakery and brought us ginger cookies and lemon scones, yum!

2 comments:

  1. I would pick Alexis too. She has the best description and is cute + the whole bakery job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i love the picture. Will you give birth just like it. doula alexis and kirk in robes. You will be naked. Kirk will sprinkle water and oil you up.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter