Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A home for Jenny... anyone?


I bought this Jenny Lind bassinet at a thrift store a few years ago. I had the best intentions for it, but time crept in on us too quickly and I couldn't complete the renovation in time for Monroe. We needed to clean out our garage to make room for other baby gear and decided the bassinet needed to head back to the D.I. When I tried taking it in this morning, they told me they aren't allowed to take baby gear anymore because of all the recalls. He said they would just destroy it, so I should try to find a home for it elsewhere. Does anyone out there need a bassinet? It does need some tlc, a fresh coat of paint and a little cushion inside. The above picture is just what it could look like with a few hours of work. Let me know... if not it may have a dim future, wa wa.

10 comments:

  1. That would be super cute to re-do but we already have one. I hope you find someone to take it....it's too cute to let someone destroy it.
    Random....but if you are ever in a D.I up there and find a little table with chairs (you know the vintage old ones like your grandma williams had) let me know and I'll send some money your way. We've been trying to find Marissa a table and chairs for her tea parties. Vegas thrift shops aren't as good as the ones up in Utah I've decided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I will definitely keep my eyes open. There are some really cute sets up here. Do you get text/picture messages? For some reason I remember you saying you didn't... but that way I can send pictures your way of what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, I don't know how I removed your comment. Let me know if you want it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask Mandi. Someday she may want need it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey cutie!

    Have you by chance sold that little beauty? If not I am really interested! Just text me at 435-757-4718 and let me know!

    Thanks,
    Alison Lindhardt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alison! I'm sad to say that we donated it to Somebody's Attic... BUT yesterday I drove past Somebody's Attic and it was in their window display. So if you're still interested I'm sure that you could pick it up there. Good luck and I hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have recently purchased something like this and i am trying to get info on its age. We are getting ready to refinish it to use fir our son who is due in sept.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you sold this piece yet? If not, I'm VERY interesting in purchasing!!
    Thanks,
    Demetra
    dte826@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would die for this ! 6028100666 cell

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter