Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Swass Class

Myself, Kira, Jenkin, Trish & Nicole

We made it back from Las Vegas, and it was so much fun. While we were there my sister talked me into attending a Bikram Yoga class. She mentioned that they heated the room to 105˚, a lot of sweat would be involved and that you burn 900 calories (the last fact made it a no brainer). It was one of the most disgusting smells I have ever volunteered myself to be around for an hour and a half. Despite the initial gags & having to watch the sweat droplets roll off the inner thigh of the man in front of me, we made it through and came out, as Kirk says, with swoobs, swalls (just Jenkin) & sweverything.

I've been having a lot of pain where I received my epidurals and since the class I haven't had any! They don't offer Bikram Yoga here in Logan but maybe I'll just start attending a regular yoga class. Has anyone out there found any other remedies for epidural pain?

9 comments:

  1. This is embarrassing for everyone in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its cute! You can tell they really had fun! Or some other emotion close to that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, that is a ton of calories. No wonder they were hungry when they came to Gabe's soccer game! :)
    Also, I had no idea that your back hurt because of the epidural. I didn't even know that could happen. My back hurt for the first month or so but it's fine now. Is it sharp pain? I guess I'm just interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Em Gee. bahahaha. Yeeeeah never doing that again but Im glad your pain is gone and plus it was a bunch of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go to Bikram yoga. I'm afraid I would throw up during it though......but I'll be in Las Vegas in July, so I think you should go again so I can go with you. I started my period in front of you so I can throw up up in peacock pose in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Heather, yeah it's like an intense bruised feeling. When I give Monroe a bath or use my lower back a lot it just gets worse.

    Ha Rachel, let's do it when you're there. Is that when you're coming back to the states permanently?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had sharp back pains for a while after our first. I think it was from my epidural and over-exertion. I started a pretty physical job quite soon after having him.

    Over time my back has felt better. I know that's not what you want to hear. Maybe you could ask Pia about this chiropractor her daughter uses. She swears by him and sometimes he fixes things you don't expect he would be able to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. After I had M I could barely bend over to change his diaper it was so bad! I went to a great Chiro for a few weeks and it made a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex, what's a Chiro? I'm intrigued... Thanks Maria, I forgot about that chiropractor. I'll have to ask Pia.

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter