Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Three's Company

During the last few weeks it's been Monroe, myself and Bernina who have been staying busy here at home. The one down part to having a winter baby in a cold area is that you have to spend a lot of time indoors. Let me tell you a bit about the Bernina I inherited. It was built in 1961 and was my Grandma Williams'. She has upgraded a few times since she purchased her Bernina and no longer wanted it. When I saw it, I told her that Bernina would have a safe home with me. I took her in to get tuned and $50 later she's running as good as new.

The quilt I had mentioned earlier was my first big project that I used the Bernina on, and it was amazing. Although she's about 30 pounds (and she is as Lisie says about bigger women, 'large and practical') she worked wonders and I sewed this together in less than 6 hours.


Although the purpose of this quilt was to get Monroe to enjoy tummy time more, it didn't do the trick when I tried it out today. Even with a mirror, crunchy leaves and pom poms. Oh well, at least it's pretty! We'll keep working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That quilt looks amazing, your baby is ADORABLE and what an awe inspiring machine. I just remembered how I wanted to start a sewing blog, then I did but I haven't done much posting. You inspire me, maybe I'll pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there isn't room for the daddy! :(

    ReplyDelete

 

Free Blog Counter